Faculty 3-Day Course Design Studio
First 3 days of each finals week 9am-4pm (Breakfast, lunch, and coffee included)
We are also happy to schedule additional studios and departmental specific studios upon request.
UCSD's The Commons Center for Engaged Teaching (CET) would like to invite you to join us for an enjoyable, comprehensive Studio on creating, modifying, or updating one of your courses. Participants should arrive with a specific course in mind, and all course materials (preferably electronic) and resources.
After completion, a faculty member will be able to
- design a course integrating Backward Design by writing measureable, active Learning Outcomes(LO) and identifying Evidence aligned with LO using an analytic rubric;
- pilot, critique and organize one of 228 Learning Experiences based on empirical research of effective practices to enhance their course;
- implement Boyer’s Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- model as a method for examining, reflecting and improving effective T&L; and
- identify appropriate, relevant and meaningful (ARM) instructional technologies to empower student engagement.
- Before Design: How We Learn
- Wiggins and McTighe Backward Design model: Results, Evidence, Experiences
- Outcomes Alignment
- Strategies, Outcomes Matrix
- Planning, Interactive/Engagement, Teaching Models
- Incorporating into a Syllabus
- ARM Ed Tech, Models/Templates, eSyllabus
For additional information please see a 10-minute learning glass video summary.